In recent years, there has been a significant change in the retail industry as an increasing number of people are relying on the internet for their shopping requirements. Due to the convenience of online shopping, many brick-and-mortar shops have shifted their business online. This trend has led to platforms such as Shopify attracting many new sellers interested in moving their businesses online.
Shopify is the preferred e-commerce platform for entrepreneurs who prioritize online sales. It’s the top pick for 20% of the world’s leading online stores, making it the second-largest player in high-end e-commerce software. By joining Shopify, you become one of 2.6 million businesses from various categories worldwide.
Understanding Shopify SEO
Shopify SEO requires a distinct approach compared to traditional website SEO since it involves optimizing product listings in addition to content. This may cause specific challenges that can harm your search rankings. Therefore, focusing on your Shopify SEO is crucial to ensure sustained sales growth. The vast majority of businesses on Shopify have between 10 to 50 employees and generate a revenue of US$1 to 10 million. Thus, Shopify is an ideal choice for small to medium-sized B2B or B2C businesses, with ample opportunities for expansion.
You can also check: Ecommerce SEO
Shopify’s Built-In SEO Features
When implemented correctly, Shopify’s built-in features can enhance critical ranking factors like site security, user-friendliness, and loading speed. Improved ranking factors increase the likelihood of appearing in top search results. Here are some of the SEO features Shopify provides:
- Canonical tags: These tags indicate to search engines which version of a URL should be displayed in search results, which helps prevent duplicate links. Search engines may view it negatively if multiple URLs lead to the same page. However, with the use of canonical tags, this issue can be avoided.
- XML Sitemaps: By submitting a sitemap, you can help search engines locate your crucial web pages more quickly by listing them in a convenient format.
- Robots.txt files: These files guide search engine crawlers through your web pages, ensuring that your most valuable content is highlighted and included in search results, thus attracting more customers to your site.
- Shopify CDN: CDNs are networks of servers that decrease the distance data has to travel to reach users, resulting in faster load times. Shopify has a built-in CDN that guarantees fast loading times worldwide.
- SSL encryption: Shopify enhances your site’s security and improves your page ranking by implementing SSL encryption throughout your web store, which protects your customers’ data.
Stay ahead of your competition with Shopify SEO
Shopify is an excellent platform for those who want to establish an online business. With its user-friendly interface and numerous ways to boost traffic and revenue, it’s an ideal choice. Shopify offers a range of built-in features, helpful SEO tools and advice in this guide to help you create an effective Shopify SEO strategy and stand out from competitors.
Don’t forget to check: Perfect Ecommerce SEO Checklist for Your Online Store